Friday, April 3, 2009

"Survivor" night - week 8

No drama, no revelations and not really too much excitement on last nights "Survivor" but Coach is still there and he got to reap on the reward challenge...I was yelling at the TV for Joe to pick Coach to go to exile....I guess he didn't hear me......can you tell I don't like the Coach! Oh well I can only hope for next week......I say kick him off soon, don't let him on the jury!!!!



Okay, so dinner was at my house(we do a two week rotation) I made a new recipe Crunchy Beef Bake and it was very good, easy to make....its a "make again" recipe. I had a salad to go with it and for dessert I took the easy way out - I bought a Raspberry Mousse cake from Costco....it was yummy, nice and light.



We don't discuss what we are thinking of doing each week for our cards but I do believe our minds are in-sync. This week our similarities are the colour and maybe the theme. We both used pink tones/shades and for the theme it was alcohol based.....and no I don't mean alcohol inks...hahaha! Cardzgal used a Bella stamp-springtini, which she coloured and then did some cutting and popping of some images and to make the drink look frosty she used Sugar Beads, she made a circle frame using a corner punch, added a computer generated sentiment and a couple of cocktail glass eyelets. For my card I used a card sketch that I want to try, so the stamp I used was from My Favorite Things-Meet me at the cafe-they are drinking wine....see the similarities. I did some colouring and some paper piecing again this week. I added some ribbon and a ribbon brad, I also added some paper piercing to one mat. I made one card, didn't like the look of all the pattern paper I was using so I added a solid colour on the second card, it looked much better; its the one shown here and the one I gave to cardzgal. The card exchange group meets this Sunday, so I'll be posting again soon.








<- cardzgal









<- royal dreams

No comments: